Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tick Tock Tick Tock.... A Waiting Game....

Well, here we are, just about 2 1/2 weeks away from our due date!!! I can't believe that our little Connor is almost here!! Sometimes I feel like my pregnancy has gone soooo fast and other times I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER!! I guess that can probably be attributed to the fact that I have been pregnant during the fall.... the winter.... the spring.... and now the VERY HOT summer!!! We have had a "heat advisory" in Vegas the last few days with temps topping out at around 115. Since it's pretty usual for this time of year, I'm kind of surprised that they even call it a heat advisory.... but all I can say is YUCCCCKKKKKK!!!! Lol. Obviously I've been hanging inside most the time, but even the moments that I'm walking from the parking lot into the store or something gets a little unbearable. But I'm hanging in there!!

We went to the doctor last Thursday (15th) for my 37 week appointment. We got to hear Connor's heartbeat (which I always love) and the doc measured my uterus. At this visit I was measuring a week ahead so this coming week we'll have an ultrasound to see how big our baby boy is!!!!! I can't wait!! Plus I'll get checked again to see if there is any progression in the "dilation" department. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a couple cenimeters!! However, I feel like Connor wants to be a little stubborn!! But from what our doctor said, he doesn't want me to go over my due date.... so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!! I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, but as of now, I don't think any have been actual contractions... but sometimes I'm not sure I would even know the difference.

Other than all that, nothing too much new going on. We've been just working on getting all the baby stuff together and ready, as well as get the house all cleaned up for Connor and for my Mom when she gets here. Not too much longer now!! I'm still working everyday so I can kind of keep my mind occupied, but the anxiety, excitement, nervousness, "nesting", and all the other crazy things I'm feeling have really kicked in. And I'm hoping soon I get my burst of energy that my Mom speaks of! I could use it right about now!!

But.... unless something happens sooner than my appointment on Friday, I'll keep you all posted!! And who knows... maybe Connor will want to visit us a little early!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment